Second Lakulish World Yogasan Championship
WAS held on Jan 8, 9 and 10 in Mumbai. On the 8th, observers from different countries were surprised that they were asked to perform on stage as international competitors. The teams comprised of delegates from Canada, Malaysia, Taiwan, United Kingdom and the US. Each competitor must perform five designated asanas. Two judges marked each competitor on a 10-point scale such as in the Olympics.
Results of the international competitors were
1. Men Team Winner: India
2. Women Team Winner: India
3. Men Team Runner Up: Taiwan
4. Women Team Runner Up: Taiwan
Results of the individual international competitors were:
1. Man’s Gold Medal: Joseph of the UK
2. Man’s Silver Medal: Master Longyen of Canada
3. Man’s Bronze Medal: Mr. Mau Lian Su of Taiwan
4. Woman’s Gold Medal: Holly Yates of Canada
5. Woman’s Silver Medal: Joey Leung of Malaysia.
the international team performed three skids directed by Swami Satyanandji